ULIA presents a research of the consumers and suppliers of lime in Ukraine for January, 2020 (railway deliveries).
The Ukrainian lime industry association presents the analysis of supply of lime by the railroad for January, 2020.
In January, 2020 lime supply by the railroad made 23 thousand tons that there is 46% less than the level of January of last year, however is 29% higher than a December indicator. Relative activization of deliveries, in comparison with December, is caused by restoration of deliveries for DMK, on others consumers of delivery or without significant changes, or reduction.
The main consumers of lime by the railway, as well as in the market as a whole, are enterprises of the metallurgical complex. Chemical industry enterprises also own a significant share.
It is important to note that almost all deliveries were carried out by free-market enterprises, that is, producers who are not engaged with their clients, for whom the production and sale of lime is the main activity.
The market for lime suppliers by rail is highly concentrated, with nine suppliers providing all rail supplies in January 2019. At the same time, the three leaders: the Group of Companies UKRSPECIZVEST, Lysychansk ZBV and Dnipro DZBM – together accounted for 86% of deliveries.
In comparison with last year, the group UKRSPECIZVEST maintained leadership, although it reduced the share, but, significantly increased deliveries of Lysychansk ZBV. Other leaders of supplies last year, the Dnipro DZBM and the particularly Bila Krynytsia BVZ Lime Factory, have significantly reduced supplies.
The consumer market is also highly concentrated. The main consumers of lime by rail in January 2020 are Zaporozstal, DMK, which resumed deliveries for the first time since August last year, and AMCR. The combined share of TOP 3 consumers was 83% of all rail deliveries in January.
Content of a full research of import and export dynamics of lime
For those interested, the ULIA offers a complete research, which includes the following documents:
- report (.pdf format)
- database (Excel format) – contains complete information on import-export activity for the period 2014-2019, by section of each delivery, with indication of the Ukrainian importer, foreign supplier, type and fraction of lime, packaging, customs and invoice value, terms of delivery and detailed description of the goods. The database, using Excel tools, provides enough opportunity to obtain detailed information on import-export activities according to the needs of the research customer.
The report contains the following sections:
- Industry cut of lime consumption, thousand tons (2019-2020, January)
- Lime consumers: market ТОП-9, thousand tons (dynamics 2019-2020, January)
- Lime consumers: detailed monthly, thousand tons (2020, January)
- Lime suppliers: market ТОП-9, thousand tons (dynamics 2019-2020, January)
- Lime suppliers: detailed monthly, thousand tons (2020, January)
- Distribution of lime supply by railway by supplier/customer, thousand tons (2019-2020, January)
If you are interested in obtaining full results of the research, please contact the following contacts:
Hladunenko Roman, CEO, ULIA
phone: +38 (050) 419-75-06